Chinese Lantern Festival
Booth Amphitheatre is once again transformed into a magnificent setting with the return of the North Carolina Chinese Lantern Festival!
The Festival will include more than 20 displays, each one comprised of hundreds of parts and thousands of LED lights. In what proved to be a fan favorite last year, the spectacular Chinese Dragon on Symphony Lake will return to mesmerize visitors. Each larger than life lantern will once again wow visitors with their amazing craftsmanship, cultural significance and artistic beauty.
A new feature this year will be the addition of cultural performances and artisan crafts. Performances will include traditional Chinese dance, foot juggling and vase juggling, and Wushu/Kung Fu.
Tips On Planning Your Visit
- Parking is free of charge.
- You may arrive anytime between 6pm-9pm.
- Patrons will walk through the venue to observe the lanterns.
- Plan for 45-75 minutes to view all light displays and enjoy the live cultural performances.
- The total walkthrough is approximately ½ mile.
- There will be limited seating on the crescent deck for those that want to relax and take in the view!
- Venue food/beverage stands will be open selling holiday treats and beverages on the Crescent Deck. View the 2018 FOOD & BEVERAGE menu
- Please note, the venue is not able to provide wheelchairs for patrons at this event, but you are welcome to bring your own.
- Pets are not allowed.
Cultural performances will take place on the stage several times throughout the evening, weather permitting.