Volunteer & Advisory Board Commitee
Koka Booth Amphitheatre is recruiting Volunteers who may also serve as Advisory Committee Members.
The Deadline to apply is March 1, 2020.
If selected, mandatory attendance to Koka Booth Volunteer Orientation, scheduled for March 14, 2020.
- All appointments as a Booth Amphitheatre Volunteer are for a 1-year term.
- Volunteers will be expected to serve a minimum of one event per month (6-8 events per season).
The primary role of volunteers is to assist the Town and Amphitheatre staff with one or more of the following functions:
- Serving as enthusiastic guest services representatives, speaking with the public about upcoming events, and providing general information about the Amphitheatre.
- Serving as courtesy shuttle drivers.
- Representing the Amphitheatre at selected Town of Cary Festivals (e.g., Lazy Daze).
- Assisting with lawn chair rental program.
- All appointments to the Booth Amphitheatre Management Advisory Committee are for a 2-year term.
- Committee members are considered part of the general volunteer pool with the same expectations of participation.
The Committee assists the Town and Amphitheatre staff with the following functions:
- Promoting the Amphitheatre as a viable cultural and entertainment facility for Town of Cary citizens as well as merchants, vendors and performers.
- Providing feedback on the types of events the Amphitheatre may develop – e.g., community festivals, movie night events, town events, celebrations.
- Recommending policies regarding Amphitheatre programs including Amphitheatre neighbor program. Promoting cooperative partnerships and rentals between the Amphitheatre and the Town’s business community, neighborhood associations, non-profit groups and cultural community.
- Serving as guest services representatives and/or courtesy shuttle drivers and other volunteer functions as needed during the event season.
- During the Amphitheatre season, the Committee meets five times, on the third Monday of the months of April, June, August, and September at 6 p.m. at the Amphitheatre.