Koka Booth Amphitheatre is owned by the Town of Cary and managed by ASM Global. VenueShield is a comprehensive and best-in-class program, that will be deployed at more than 325 ASM Global facilities around the world, providing the highest level of cleanliness and safety, while inspiring consumer confidence, all in partnership with leading medical professionals, industry experts and public health officials.
Health & Safety
Our Commitment to Health and Safety
Koka Booth Amphitheatre is excited to get back to providing quality entertainment to the fine citizens of Cary, the Triangle and surrounding region. With that being said, the safety of our guests, performers, and employees will remain our top priority. We will continue to follow all guidelines mandated by Governor Cooper, the CDC and Cary officials.
We understand that everyone will have a multitude of concerns moving forward and our intent is to be able to put our guest’s minds at ease so that they will be able to enter the venue with a great degree of certainty that every precaution has been taken to ensure good health.
Below are a various requirements and changes to the guest experience you can expect upon your return to Koka Booth Amphitheatre. We ask that all guests adhere to the guidelines to ensure a safe experience for everyone.
Face Coverings Required
Koka Booth Amphitheatre will follow local masking mandates and CDC guidelines in order to present a safe environment for all event attendees and staff members.
- All persons entering the venue are required to wear a two-ply cloth mask or face covering that covers both the mouth and nose. Masks must be worn correctly at all times. *Please note, venue policy prohibits bandanas as a face coverings.
- Guests 5 years of age and above must wear a face covering while inside the venue.
- Face coverings may only be removed to actively consume food and beverage while in the guest's ticketing seating area.
Please visit the CDC's Website if you have questions on what type of masks you can use to protect yourself and others.
Social distancing, also called “physical distancing,” means keeping a safe space between yourself and other people who are not from your household.
To practice social or physical distancing, stay at least 6 feet (about 2 arm lengths) from other people who are not from your household in both indoor and outdoor spaces.
- Guests are required to maintain six feet of distance from others at all times.
- Please follow all signage and distance markers around the venue.
- "Pod Seating" has been implemented to ensure social distancing between ticketed groups of guests. All guests must maintain pod integrity and are not permitted to sit in or visit other seating areas.
- Congregating is not permitted in the Cobblestone areas, Crescent Deck, Gold Circle, lake path, Pine Needle Pub, VIP Cafe', or restroom areas. Please return to your seat after receiving your food and beverage items.
New Bag Policy
Our new clear bag policy has been implemented to reduce searches and staff contact with guests. We have enhanced our public safety policies required by the NC Dept. of Health and Human Services to ensure we are creating a safe and healthy experience to all guests.
To keep all guests socially distant, our current events utilize pod seating.
- Pods and Table purchases MUST be purchased in their entirety.
- Tickets in a pod may not be sold or transferred to anyone other than family/trusted acquaintances who have chosen to attend the event together.
- Please remain in your designated seating area during the entire event, unless visiting the food and beverage concessions, using the restroom or if you have an emergency.
Please review our full Ticketing Policy for further details.
Food & Beverage
Concessions will be open selling a varierty of food and beverages during each event.
Food & Beverage Menu
Restaurant partners will be available to pre-order food and have ready upon your arrival. Order from one of our Picnic in the Park partners!
For select events guest are allowed to bring in food, and non-alcoholic beverages. All items must fit in a clear bag or clear cooler no larger than 12" x 12" x 9". Please check individual event pages for more details.
Contactless Ticket Scanning
Please download your ticket(s) to your mobile device prior to coming to the event. Please have tickets in hand and ready to scan upon arrival. Printed tickets will still be accepted.
Entry & Security Screening
- All guests pass through metal detectors, to reduce physical contact.
- Signage will be used to define points of entry, lanes for queuing, and directional flow.
Hand sanitizers have been placed throughout the venue to ensure patrons and guests can clean their hands as needed.
Koka Booth Amphitheatre is a “Cashless” preferred venue. ATMs will not be available on site at this time. All points of sale accept credit cards.
Health & Safety
Koka Booth Amphitheatre is committed to following rigorous cleaning and sanitation protocols, following guidelines from the CDC, NHS, EPA and local health agencies. Our intent has always been to put our guest's, vendors and artists minds at ease that they will be able to enter the venue with a great degree of certainty every precaution has been taken to ensure good health.
Enhanced Cleaning Protocols
As part of our Hygiene and Sanitation Regime, consideration for the following has been made in the implementation of procedures.
- Identification of high traffic areas and pathways of the venue to be targeted with increased sanitization procedures. This includes those areas and pathways designated by the venue as both public and restricted access, restrooms, and common spaces.
- A CDC/EPA approved cleaning solution will be utilized throughout cleaning. Cleaning solutions will be applied using electrostatic technology.
- Ensure all staff are aware of the appropriate hand washing procedures and other safety protocols, and place signage in visible areas displaying these procedures.
These areas include, but are not limited to:
- Door handles and push pads
- Door latches
- Grab rails
- Pens at sign in points
- Touch Free Soap/Hand Sanitizer and hand towel dispensers
- Restrooms including all seats, lids, flush buttons, and cubicle door locks
- Commonly used surfaces
This process will be repeated at a minimum of 3-hour intervals.
Employee Health Concerns
All KBA employees, stagehands & sub-contractors will be instructed to stay home if they do not feel well and are instructed to contact a manager if they notice a coworker with a cough, shortness of breath, or other known symptoms of COVID-19. Employees who are exhibiting any of the symptoms of COVID-19 while at the venue will be instructed to immediately notify their manager. Management will use the ASM VenueShield Exposure Policy to assess the situation and carry out any necessary steps.
Staff Responsibilities & Safety
KBA Employees are vital to an effective sanitation and health program.
A health questionnaire will be required weekly for all team members. This questionnaire will be available online for employees to fill out prior to arrival at the venue.
All KBA employees will be instructed to wash their hands throughout their shift for a minimum of 20 seconds using soap and water, or use sanitizer when a sink is not available, every 60 minutes and after any of the following activities: using the restroom, sneezing, touching the face, blowing the nose, cleaning, sweeping, mopping, smoking, eating, drinking, going on break and before or after starting a shift.
All employees will receive training on COVID-19 safety and sanitation protocols with more comprehensive training for our teams with frequent guest contact including Housekeeping, Food & Beverage, Box Office, Venue Operations, Security, and Guest Services.
Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
Appropriate PPE will be worn by all employees based on their role and responsibilities and in adherence to state or local regulations and guidance. Training on how to properly use and dispose of all PPE will be mandatory. Every employee entering the venue will be provided a company approved face covering and required to wear it while on property. Employee pre-event meetings will be conducted in areas that allow for appropriate physical distancing between employees. Hand sanitizer will be available at each timeclock location and employees will be required to sanitize their hands after clocking in & out. Our management team will ensure constant communication and proper PPE and sanitation procedures are followed and updated per the latest expert guidance.
If we are alerted to a presumptive case of COVID-19 at the venue, we will work with Wake County Health Officials to follow the appropriate recommended actions.
The venue will assign an employee to the role of “COVID Compliance Officer". This individual will have the following functions:
- Coordinate with, communicate, and help implement health guidelines.
- Work closely with the promoter or event producer and KBA Staff to develop and implement health plans.
- Ensure existing safety plans are modified for compatibility with new health plans.
- Help create or modify employee training that applies current information about hazards and infection control measures, including social distancing, handwashing, temperature checks and disinfecting high-touch surfaces.
Determine, in conjunction with the venue guidelines and the promoter/event organizer, if a worker or guest may safely enter the event space when there is a health concern.
We are committed to the necessary change to bring live entertainment back to Cary. Rest assured our commitment to the health and safety of our guests, performers and employees will be our driving goal now and in the future. You can do your part to help us, too!
COVID-19 Guest Assumption of Risk
As consideration for attending an event put on by Koka Booth Amphitheatre and the Town of Cary, I agree to the following:
ASSUMPTION OF THE RISKS: An inherent risk of exposure to COVID-19 (corona virus) exists in any public place where people are present. COVID-19 is a contagious disease that can lead to severe illness and death. By purchasing or otherwise accepting a ticket to this Event, you are acknowledging that an inherent risk of exposure to COVID-19 exists in any public place where people are present. By attending the Event, you and any guests voluntarily assume all risks related to exposure to COVID-19 and agree not to hold event organizers, venue operators or managers and/or venue owners and their agents and their contractors liable for any illness or injury in connection with you or your guests’ attendance at the Event.
WAIVER OF LIABILITY: I, on behalf of myself, my child, and my party hereby voluntarily release, forever discharge, and covenant not to hold Koka Booth Amphitheatre, the Town of Cary, and their owners, managers, employees, and volunteers (“Released Parties”) liable for any claims that may arise out of or relate in any way to my, my child’s, or my party’s exposure to any communicable disease, including but not limited to COVID-19. The claims hereby released include, but are not limited to, claims of negligence against any of the Released Parties.