Twilight Ticket Experience
November 19, 2021 - January 9, 2022 Thursday - Sunday Only
Twilight Ticket Experience
November 19, 2021 - January 9, 2022 Thursday - Sunday Only
- January 9 / Sunday 4:30 PM Buy Tickets
Enjoy the lanterns during the “Golden Hour”. The Twilight Ticket allows you early entry and reduced crowds as you witness the lanterns come to life in the night sky. The Twilight Ticket presents the perfect backdrop for memory-making photos! Once the sun sets, please stay and enjoy the Chinese Lantern Festival by moonlight.
- Save Time and Money – Buy Your Tickets in Advance either online or at our Box Office.
- Buy early at our Box Office and save on fees. Our Box Office opens at 3:00 pm Monday – Friday and 4:00 pm on Saturday, Sunday & Holidays (Holiday Dates are: Nov 25, Dec 24, Dec 25 & Jan 1).
- Get in Faster – Pack Light. The Venue has a size limit on bags and a strict clear bag policy
- For your safety - No weapons are allowed in the venue
Children 2 & under are free for this event.
Clear Bag Policy
Koka Booth Amphitheatre has enhanced its public safety policy to include a clear bag policy. Clear bags are easily searched and significantly reduce faulty bag searches. They also support the Department of Homeland Security's "If You See Something, Say Something" campaign. Our goal is to create a safe experience for all guests and staff.
Masks are not required when visiting Koka Booth Amphitheatre. This is in line with the lifting of recent mask requirements in Cary. As always, all patrons and guests have the right to make choices that work for themselves and their families.
Food & Beverage Policy
For this event, guests are NOT allowed to bring in outside food & beverages (Except factory-sealed bottled water).
Concessions will be open selling a variety of food and beverages during each event. Please click HERE to view our delicious offerings.
The North Carolina Chinese Lantern Festival returns to Koka Booth Amphitheatre for its 6th year in Cary. More than 2,500 lanterns create our 36 all-new displays showcasing the beauty and artistry of Chinese culture in an authentic multi-cultural experience that has become a popular holiday tradition for families. Lanterns are handcrafted by Chinese artisans who live in our community during the festival. Visitors won’t want to miss this year’s new interactive lantern displays and the return of the spectacular floating Dragon on Symphony Lake. Bring the family as festival admission includes nightly Chinese acrobatic performances.
Did you know?
The ancient art of Chinese lantern making began in the Han Dynasty (206 BC to 220 AD), a significant period for science and innovation. Each year during Chinese New Year, families view colorful lanterns to symbolize respect and prosperity.
Our community is host to more than 25 Chinese artisans and performers who arrive in North Carolina in early November to hand assemble lanterns and prepare for exciting Chinese cultural performances during this annual celebration.
The North Carolina Chinese Lantern Festival is produced by Tianyu Arts & Culture, Inc., in cooperation with the Town of Cary.
Only the select communities of Seattle, Oakland, Oklahoma City, Little Rock, and suburban Orlando join Cary as hosts to Tianyu-produced Chinese lantern festivals during this holiday season.
The spectacular Chinese Dragon floating on Symphony Lake is longer than three school buses at approximately 200 feet. It stands 21 feet high and weighs 18,000 pounds.
Fun fact: its head was installed by a crane with a 15-person crew!
Each lantern is created by hand on silk fabric stretched over steel frames and then lit with upwards of hundreds of LED.
Lanterns are designed exclusively for this event with materials shipped from China into the North Carolina Ports in Wilmington.
It takes 15+ tractor-trailers to deliver materials for our visiting artisans to assemble this year’s 36 lantern groupings.
Most lanterns are made in only one city: Zigong, in the Sichuan province, the lantern capital of China for many centuries.
Our visiting artisans have lantern-crafting skills that are passed down from one generation to the next.
Most traditional Chinese lantern festivals are celebrated on the 15th day of the first month in the lunar calendar, marking the last day of the lunar New Year. This tradition dates back 2000 years.
In ancient times, lanterns were fairly simple and only the emperor and noblemen had large, ornate ones. In modern times, lanterns have been embellished with complex designs such as the ones on display here in Cary.
The prominence of red in the designs symbolizes good fortune in the new year.
Instagram: @booth_amp; @NCChineseLanternFestival | Facebook: @BoothAmphitheatre; @NCChineseLanternFestival Share photos by tagging us and including #CaryNC #NCChineseLanternFestival
Media Resources + Teresa Franzen – Publicist, Booth Amphitheatre | email@example.com | (919) 210-5150
Scott Misner – Publicist, Tianyu Arts & Culture | firstname.lastname@example.org | (919) 412-3886
William Lewis – Cultural Arts Manager | email@example.com | (919) 462-38
To expedite entry into the festival, we recommend packing as light as possible.
We recommend no bags. However, if bags must be brought in:
- Clear Bags no larger than 12" x 12" x 9"
Medical, Parenting, & Camera Bags
Small Clutch purses no larger than 4.5" x 6.5"
- All bags are subject to search.
Guests are welcome to bring the following items:
Factory Sealed Bottled water (2 per person - No glass/canned or flavored water)
- Cameras, tripods & selfie sticks
- Scooters & Wheelchairs
Please Note: All guests pass through metal detectors for most events. If metal detectors are not in use, security will be wanding individuals.
GENERAL PARKING: Parking is free of charge in Amphitheatre-owned lots.
ACCESSIBLE PARKING: A limited number of accessible parking spaces are available on a first-come-first-served basis with the proper hang tag or license plate.
BUSES: Please contact us at 919-462-2025 ahead of time if your group is arriving on a bus of any size. We need to be able to plan to accommodate bus drop off, pick-ups & parking if needed.
Prohibited items will need to be returned to the guest's vehicle before entering.
Please leave the following items at home:
- Bags (Unless clear & approved size)
- Balloons, Banners & Signs
- Coolers of any kind
- Food & Beverages (Except Bottled water)
- Grills & Open Flames
- Illegal Drugs
- Laser Pointers
- Lawn chairs.
- Mats of any kind, including yoga mats
- Noise Makers
- Pets of any kind (Excluding service animals)
- Purses larger than 4.5" x 6.5"
- Sporting equipment
- Tables of any size
- Tarps, plastic sheeting
- Weapons of Any Kind (Including but not limited to knives, guns, tasers, chains, studded/spiked jewelry)
Re-Entry is not allowed for this event.
Nightly performances take place on the main stage at 6:30 pm, 7:30 pm, and 8:30 pm!
The performances are the same each time and are included in the price of the ticket.
Ticketing – Twilight Experience
- Twilight Tickets will be offered Thursday-Sunday evenings only.
- Gates open at 4:30 p.m. for the Twilight Experience.
Ticket prices & additional info:
- $25.00* for ages 13+
- $15.00* kids ages 3-12.
- Kids 2 & under free, and do not need a ticket.
- No discounts available. Tickets are date specific.
- Limited Availability each night offered.
- ANY NIGHT tickets are NOT Valid for this experience.
- You are welcome to stay and enjoy the Lantern Festival.
* Prices listed do not include convenience fees.
*Tickets for Booth Amphitheatre events are subject to applicable taxes and fees. Unless otherwise stated, posted prices include a 7.25% NC Sales & Use tax.
Tips on Planning Your Visit
- We strongly encourage purchasing tickets before the night you choose to attend.
- Lines & wait times may be longer to purchase tickets & to enter the festival on Weekends, Holidays & warm weather nights.
- Please pack as light as possible when attending the festival.
- Please review the items allowed & prohibited items before your visit.
- Patrons will be walking through the venue to observe the light displays, however, there will be limited seating on the crescent deck for those who want to relax and take in the view!
- Venue food & beverage stands will be open selling holiday treats.
- Food Trucks will be on-site Friday & Saturday only.
- It takes most guests about 45-75 minutes to view all the display
This event will go on Rain or Shine HOWEVER please visit our website, social media, or call our weather hotline 919-459-8332 in the case of extreme weather conditions and/or slippery road/surface conditions.
Patron safety is our top priority. In the best interest of our guests, we may decide to close on nights we feel walking conditions are unsafe.
We are unable to provide wheelchairs for patron use. You are welcome to bring your wheelchair or scooter to the event. Walkways are paved throughout the venue.