Smooth Nights at KBA
Rahsaan Patterson and Loose Ends Featuring Jane Eugene
- May 14 / Sunday 6:00 PM Buy Tickets
Celebrate Mother’s Day in style! Continuing the tradition of great Jazz, Cary’s Koka Booth Amphitheatre brings back Smooth Nights at KBA. The series kicks off with Rahsaan Patterson and Loose Ends Featuring Jane Eugene on May 14th, 2023.
Smooth Nights at KBA supports educational excellence. A portion of your ticket purchase will go to the North Carolina Central University Foundation, Inc.
“Helping to tell the North Carolina Central University story, Institutional Advancement endeavors to enhance the institution’s tradition of excellence in teaching, research and public service by generating transformative private support.” Giving Online | North Carolina Central University (nccu.edu)
Additional Ticket Information
Ticket prices will increase by $5 one week before the event.
- Koka Booth Amphitheatre is a cashless venue.
- Children 2 and under are free on the lawn for this event and do not need a ticket. Children 2 and under will require a ticket in the Reserved Seating areas, even if the child will sit on adult lap.
- Day of Event Box Office sales opens 1 hour prior to gate time and closes once the main act takes the stage.
- Hours are subject to change.
- Advance Sales: The Box Office is open for limited hours please check out the Box Office page for normal hours of operation.
- Taxes: Tickets for Koka Booth Amphitheatre events are subject to applicable taxes and fees. Taxes will be added on top of the posted ticket prices..
- When purchasing in person at the Box Office a 3% processing fee will be added on top of the ticket price.
- When ordering Online or by Phone through Etix additional fees will be added on top of the ticket price. A $2.50 order fee will be added to each order.
All dates, times, acts & ticket prices are subject to change without notice.
Koka Booth Amphitheatre has enhanced its public safety policy to include a clear bag policy. Clear bags are easily searched and significantly reduce faulty bag searches. They also support the Department of Homeland Security's "If You See Something, Say Something" campaign. Our goal is to create a safe experience for all guests and staff.
- SMALL CLUTCH PURCHASE NO LARGER THAN 4.5" x 6.5" (about the size of a hand).
- Clear Bags no larger than 12" x 12" x 9".
- Medical, Parenting, & Camera Bags.
BIO Rahsaan Patterson
Rahsaan Patterson's career is proof that an artist can be progressive while firmly based in gospel and R&B traditions. After a 13-year period entailing a co-starring role on Kids Incorporated, songwriting triumphs with Brandy's "Baby" and Tevin Campbell's "Back to the World," and other activity behind the scenes, Patterson finally made his solo major-label debut with a self-titled album (1997) that started an unbroken streak of moderately successful, stylistically adventurous studio recordings. He has flashed his dynamic and soul-piercing tenor voice, as well as his production and arrangement skills, across a consistently high-quality discography highlighted by independent albums such as After Hours (2004), Wines & Spirits (2007), and Bleuphoria (2011). While his LPs have been separated by two to eight years, Patterson has been sought regularly as a collaborator and remains an active performer. His 35th year in the entertainment industry coincided with the release of his sixth proper studio album, Heroes & Gods (2019).
Originally from New York, Rahsaan Patterson began singing in church during early childhood. He entered the entertainment industry and moved to Los Angeles once he was cast as "the Kid" in Kids Incorporated, a music-oriented children's television program in which the main cast performed contemporary hits. Patterson co-starred in the first four seasons, from 1984 through 1987, and recorded albums with the group. The show's first breakout artist was Martika, whose self-titled 1988 debut -- including the number one pop single "Toy Soldiers" -- featured Patterson among other Kids Incorporated cast members as backing vocalists.
Early the next decade, Patterson fronted Stanley Clarke and George Duke's "No Place to Hide" and could be heard in the background of Martika's Prince-assisted second album, Martika's Kitchen. Patterson then appeared on the first album by Les Pierce's Colour Club and took part in writing sessions for the first album by Brandy. Along with Keith Crouch and Tease's Kipper Jones, he co-wrote "Baby," which in 1995 topped the Billboard R&B/hip-hop chart and went number four pop. Additional songwriting credits followed with material for Christopher Williams and Tevin Campbell. Beside Jamey Jaz and Mikelyn Roderick, Patterson co-wrote "Back to the World," a number 16 R&B/hip-hop hit for Campbell in 1996.
Patterson ended an extended break between solo albums with Heroes & Gods. Released on Shanachie in 2019, Patterson's 35th year in show business, it mixed traditional and modern R&B, mature pop, and house music with extensive help from Jaz and additional input from Hathaway and Broussard, as well as Rachelle Ferrell, and Joi Gilliam. Although it was his first album in nearly a decade, Patterson was active all the while with touring.
Food & Beverage
Outside Food & Beverage are not allowed for this event. You are allowed to bring one factory-sealed plastic bottle of water (1 per person). No glass/cans/flavored water.
Our Concession stands will be open selling a variety of food and beverages.
Restaurant partners will also be available if you'd like to pre-order food and have it waiting for you when you arrive! Check out our Picnic in the Park Partners!
We pride ourselves on bringing a wide variety of events to Cary, NC! What our guests are allowed to bring into each event varies from event to event. Please review each event page before attending each event!
Guests can bring the following items to Concerts:
- Small Clutch Purses no larger than 4.5" x 6.5"
- 12" x12" x 9" Clear bags only
- Factory-sealed plastic bottles of water (1 per person)
- No glass/cans/flavored water
- Empty reusable non-glass water bottle up to 1 Liter
- Water Fill Stations located in the Cobblestone Courtyard
- Lawn chairs:
- Please remove the chair from the bags at the security checkpoint
- (No footrest or Canopy. No Lounge or tri-fold chairs)
- Rain Coats
- Small non-professional cameras with no flash
- Strollers(Allowed on the lawn only)
All small clutches & clear bags are subject to search.
Prohibited items MUST be returned to the guest's vehicle before entering.
Please leave the following items at home:
- Balloons, Banners & Signs
- Bikes/skateboards/Inline Skates
- Blankets, Towels, Mats of any kind or Size
- Fireworks/Sparklers of any kind
- Food & Beverages
- Go Pros, Audio or video recorders
- Grills & Open Flames (inside or outside the venue)
- Hula Hoops
- Illegal Drugs
- Laser Pointers
- Pets of any kind (Unless it’s a Service Animal)
- Professional cameras with detachable lenses
- Selfie Sticks
- Sporting Equipment
- Tablets of any kind
- Tarps & Plastic sheeting
- Umbrellas of any size
- Weapons of Any Kind (Include but not limited to knives, guns, tasers, chains, studded/spiked jewelry)
PREMIERE PARKING: A limited number of Premiere Parking will be available for $25 in advance and will be sold at the event, if spaces are available. Parking spaces will be held closest to the Main gate. Pass entitles 1 car to cark in Premiere Parking section in the FRONT of the Preferred Lot.
PREFERRED PARKING: A limted number of Preferred Parking will be available for $20.00 in advance and will be sold at the event, if spaces are available. Parking spaces will be held across from the Main gate. Pass entitles 1 car to park in the Preferred Parking section in the BACK of the Preferred Lot.
Parking passes may be purchased at the box office in person, by phone through Etix or online at etix.com.
Parking lots open 1 hour before venue gates open.
- Purchasing a Parking Pass is NOT a ticket for the event, and is not valid for entry into the event.
- Please present your Parking Pass upon arrival.
GENERAL PARKING: Koka Booth Amphitheatre has approximately 1500 free spaces available. Parking is free of charge in Amphitheatre-owned lots. Some local businesses may charge a fee for parking in their lots.
ACCESSIBLE PARKING: A limited number of accessible parking spaces are available on a first-come-first-served basis with the proper hang tag or license plate.
DROP OFF & PICK-UP LOCATION: If using a taxi, Uber, etc please follow the signs & our Parking Staff to the pick-up & drop-off area.
Turn your Smooth Night into an Extraordinary Night. Purchase a VIP Package to make your experience exceptional. A great way to say Happy Mother’s Day!
Tickets available March 16 – April 21 only with limited availability.
VIP Packages include:
- One (1) ticket within the first five (5) rows
- Early Entry (30 minutes before gates)
- Heavy Hors D’oeuvres
- Private Bar Service in the Kona Big Wave Club including two (2) cocktails of your choice
Food will be served 4:30 pm – 6:00 pm. Enjoy the Kona Big Wave Club all night or enjoy your VIP seats.