Kate McGarry Quartet
Josh Cellars Jazz Series
- April 5 / Wednesday 5:45 PM Buy Tickets
Gather with friends and enjoy the best local talent in a relaxed and beautiful setting! Join us Wednesday evenings starting April 5 - May 3 for the Josh Cellars Jazz Series.
Second Chance Pet Adoptions is Raleigh's oldest no-kill animal rescue organization. As a nonprofit organization, donors enable us to carry out our mission: to champion homeless cats and dogs who are healthy or treatable in the quest to find their forever homes and engage with our community to promote responsible pet ownership, ultimately reducing future generations of homeless animals. Since our inception in 1987, we have given second chances to over 16,000 animals, all of whom have been spayed/neutered, microchipped (once available), and vaccinated before adoption. In addition to our rescue and adoption efforts, our work also includes spaying and neutering hundreds of additional animals in the community each year (ferals and those owned by low-income guardians) to proactively prevent more puppies and kittens from being born.
Additional Ticket Information
Tickets starting at $5.00
- Koka Booth Amphitheatre is a cashless venue.
- Children 12 and under are free on the lawn and at the Deck Tables for this event and do not need a ticket. Children 12 and under will require a ticket in the Reserved Seating areas, even if the child will sit on adult lap.
- The whole table must be purchased in Reserved Seating Sections.
- Day of Event Box Office opens 1 hour prior to gate time and closes once the main act takes the stage.
- Hours are subject to change.
- Taxes: Tickets for Koka Booth Amphitheatre events are subject to applicable taxes and fees. Taxes will be added on top of the posted ticket prices.
- When ordering Online or by Phone through Etix additional fees will be added on top of the ticket price.
- When purchasing in person at the Box Office a 3% processing fee, plus taxes will be added on top of the ticket price.
All dates, times, acts & ticket prices are subject to change without notice.
We have enhanced our public safety policy to include a clear bag policy. Clear bags are easily searched and significantly reduce faulty bag searches. They also support the Department of Homeland Security's "If You See Something, Say Something" campaign. Our goal is to create a safe experience for all guests and staff.
- Small clutch purse or wallet size no larger than 4.5" x 6.5" (about the size of a hand).
- Clear bag that does not exceed 12" x12" x 9".
Representing Agent: Gigi Thigpen
(919) 632.8181 firstname.lastname@example.org
KATE MCGARRY & KEITH GANZ - SHORT BIO With 7 critically acclaimed albums and 3 GRAMMY™ nominations, vocalist Kate McGarry is recognized as a jazz artist who brings authenticity and vitality to every song regardless of genre. The Wall St. Journal calls her music, “austere and elegant, an exceptionally appealing blend of folk and jazz." The New York Times pronounced her singing, “astute and sensitive." She has toured and recorded with jazz illuminati Fred Hersch, Kurt Elling, Maria Schneider, John Hollenbeck, Billy Childs, Luciana Souza, Theo Bleckmann and TONY Award Winner Jason Robert Brown. During her decade in NYC, McGarry served as a Lincoln Center Teaching Artist, U.S. State Department Jazz Ambassador, and Jazz Arts faculty member at The Manhattan School of Music. Downbeat's 2016 Critics Poll named McGarry the #1 Rising Star Female Jazz Vocalist. She has been featured on iconic NPR shows such as Jazz Set w/DeeDee Bridgwater, Piano Jazz w/Marion McPartland, All Things Considered, as well as a host of nationally syndicated radio shows. Guitarist/arranger/producer Keith Ganz is a 2019 GRAMMY™ nominee known for his uniquely melodic voice on both electric and acoustic guitars. Lauded as a "sublime master of subtlety" by JazzTimes, Keith has performed extensively with major jazz artists including Harry Connick, Jr., Tierney Sutton, Luciana Souza, Kurt Elling, Gretchen Parlato, Gary Versace, and Jo Lawry. TV appearances include Oprah, Ellen, The Late Show with David Letterman, The View, and Australian Idol. Kate and Keith have been musical and life partners for 17 years, producing 6 critically acclaimed albums together and earning two GRAMMY™ nominations for Best Jazz Vocal Album. After honing their craft on the NYC jazz scene for many years and a stint out west at the California Jazz Conservatory, the couple has made their home in Durham, NC. Their upcoming album What to Wear in the Dark features vibrant, jazzfueled rearrangements of songs by iconic songwriters of the 70's that address the journey of darkness to light we've been traveling as a country and as individuals this year, with performances by jazz greats Ron Miles, Gary Versace, Obed Calvaire, Sean Smith, Clarence Penn, Becca Stevens, Erin Bentlage, Michelle Willis, Christian Euman, and James Shipp. This long-anticipated work is slated for release on the Resilience Music Alliance label on 9/3/21.
Food & Beverage
For this event, guests are allowed to bring in food, and non-alcoholic beverages. All items must fit in a clear bag or clear cooler no larger than 12" x 12" x 9".
Concessions will be open selling a varierty of food and beverages during each event. You can see a list of offerings on our Crescent Cafe menu.
Restaurant partners will be available to pre-order food and have ready upon your arrival. Order from one of our Picnic in the Park partners!
- 12" x 12" x 9" Clear bags and/or Clear Coolers only.
- All items must fit in clear bags/clear coolers of allowed size.
- Small wallet sized clutch purse no larger than 4.5" x 6.5" (about the size of a hand).
- Medical & Parenting bags.
- Parenting bags must be accompanied by a child
- Non-Alcoholic beverages ONLY.
- No Glass bottles.
- Reusable bottles & Cups.
- Water fill stations available inside the venue.
- Lawn chairs:
- Please remove chair from bag before security check point.
- No footrest or canopy.
- No lounge or tri-fold chairs.
- Blankets & Towels
- Raincoats & Ponchos
- Small Tables
- Well behaved pets on leashes*
*For the safety of all: Pets must always remain with its owner on a leash. If a pet interferes with or is disruptive to the event, other guests or pets, the owner and pet will be asked to leave without refund.
All bags are subject to search.
Please leave the following items at home:
- Alcohol Beverages
- Bags (Unless clear & approved size)
- Balloons, Banners & Signs
- Coolers (Unless clear & approved size)
- Go Pros, Audio or video recorders
- Grills & Open Flames
- Illegal Drugs
- Laser Pointers
- Mats of any kind including yoga mats
- Noise Makers
- Professional cameras with detachable lenses
- Weapons of Any Kind (Include but not limited to knives, guns, tasers, chains, mace, studded/spiked jewelry)
GENERAL PARKING: Koka Booth Amphitheatre has approximately 1500 free spaces available. Parking is free of charge in Amphitheatre-owned lots.
ACCESSIBLE PARKING: A limited number of accessible parking spaces are available on a first-come-first-served basis with the proper hang tag or license plate.
Web Site www.katemcgarry.com
Representing Agent: Gigi Thigpen
(919) 632.8181 email@example.com
Facebook | Twitter @JazzEGigi | Instagram @GigiJazzE