Cary Diwali 2019
Welcome to ! As in years past, Hum Sub invites you to a day-long immersive experience in all things Indian - from music and dance to food and shopping. Savor the best in Indian food from our carefully selected restaurants, catch up on the latest in crafts, fashion, jewelry and home decor from vendors who plan for months to bring you the best, and enjoy an amazing fireworks display at the end of the show.
The performance stage has brought you class acts from some of the Triangle’s best-loved schools of music and dance and this year is no exception. Be it children as young as 7 shaking a leg to the best of Bollywood or the spirited performances of our seniors, you will be hard pressed to find a dull moment at !
Every year at Cary Diwali we highlight a unique aspect of Indian culture. This year's theme is Sur Sahitya – a confluence of art, music, and literature. In the Exhibition area we will present a carefully curated collection to provide a snapshot of India’s rich literary traditions. and adrenaline-pumping entertainment to celebrate , the Festival of Lights!
Please visit www.humsub.org to learn more about Cary Diwali 2019.
All events are rain or shine.
Rain coats and ponchos are allowed for all events. Umbrellas are not allowed for most events. Please check the Items Allowed/Prohibited on the specific event page you are attending to see if umbrellas are allowed.
In the event of severe weather conditions (thunder/lightning, etc.) announcements will be made from the stage concerning the status of the event due to weather conditions. We ask all patrons to remain calm and listen for these announcements.
In the event of a weather delay please listen for the air horn in the parking lot as signal it is safe to re-enter the venue. Please keep your ticket & have it ready when re-entering the gate. Venue policy is no refunds or exchanges in the event of rain.
Additional Ticket Information
GENERAL ADMISSON LAWN AREA:
- General Admission Lawn seating is FREE. No tickets are needed.
GENERAL ADMISSION RESERVED SEATING: Seats provided in front of the stage are General Admission. ALL AGES MUST HAVE A TICKET IN THIS SEATING AREA.
There are 2 ticket options for this seating area:
- One Time Entry Ticket:
- Entry into this area will be FREE from 10:00am-12:00pm.
- $2.00 per ticket.
- This ticket allows a 1 time entry into the reserved seating area starting at 12:00pm-3:30pm.
- Once you leave this area, you must have a ticket to re-enter.
- Seating area will be cleared of all 1 time entry tickets at 4:00pm.
- After 4:00pm an "All Day Entry" ticket will be required.
- ALL Day Entry ticket:
- $15 in advance of the Day of the event OR $20.00 on the Day of the event.
- This ticket will allow entry & exit to this seating area ALL Day.
A small fee will be added to the prices when paying by credit or debit card. Cardholder must be present with a valid photo ID when paying at the venue Box Office with a credit or debit card.
Tickets for Koka Booth Amphitheatre events are subject to applicable taxes and fees. Unless otherwise stated, posted prices include a 7.25% NC Sales & Use tax.
$5.00 PARKING PER CAR (Cash Only)
Parking will cost $5.00 CASH ONLY per car.
Approved Rehearsal Dates
|2019 Approved Diwali Rehearsal Dates|
|Open||Open||Open||May Rehearse up until 4pm||Open||No Rehearsal||No Rehearsal|
|Open||May Rehearse until 4pm||No Rehearsal||No Rehearsal||No Rehearsal|
- Lawn chairs (Any Height okay. No foot rest or Canopy. No Lounge or tri-fold chairs.)
- Purses & Backpacks
- 1 Bottle of factory sealed water (1 per person)
- Empty re-usable non-glass water bottle up to 1 Liter. (1 per person)
- Small non-professional cameras with no flash
- Strollers (Allowed on the lawn only)
All bags, back packs, purses are subject to search.
- Balloons, Banners & Signs
- Bikes/skateboards/Inline Skates
- Blankets, Towels, Mats of any kind or Size
- Fireworks/Sparklers of any kind
- Food & Beverages
- Go Pros, Audio or video recorders
- Grills & Open Flames (inside or outside the venue)
- Hula Hoops
- Illegal Drugs
- Laser Pointers
- Pets of any kind (Unless it’s a service Animal)
- Professional cameras with detachable lenses
- Selfie Sticks
- Tablets of any kind
- Tarps & Plastic sheeting
- Umbrellas of any size
- Weapons of Any Kind (Include but not limited to knives, guns, tasers, chains, studded/spiked jewelry)
Re-Entry is allowed for this event.